Thursday, November 7, 2013

Loome Theological Booksellers in the News

Dear Loominaries,

Since moving to Claret Farm last year a couple news organizations took notice and printed some articles about the move.  Also, I was recently interviewed about "Why Catholic Books still Matter".  This post simply collects all three articles together in one place.

The first was an article written by Susan Klemon of the Catholic Spirit newspaper.  She visited the farm one morning and did a long interview with me and my wife.  You can read the article here.

Me and Christelle
Then on the Feast of the Assumption of Mary Joseph O'Brien sat down with me for another lengthy interview for the Catholic Times.  How do these reporters condense such long interviews into their short articles?  Read the article here.

Me and books.
Lastly, I found a request in my inbox one day from Brandon Vogt for an interview regarding the state of Catholic books.  He emailed me the questions and I answered them at my own pace.  After asking my wife and colleagues at the bookstore to review my answers I sent them back to Brandon.  He published the interview on his blog here.

Me and Oxford
The hard thing about promoting your favorite bookstore as the owner, is that it often involves promoting yourself.  Therefore, although I've included pictures of me in this posting, what is most important is that good books get in the hands of good people who will read and study them into the Truth.  That's what Loome Theological Booksellers is all about and why I promote the work of the bookstore.

Share |

No comments:

Post a Comment